With an eye for the discerning nature enthusiast, the Pentax Z-Series ZD ED Binocular features multiple optical technologies to improve the image quality and ensure accurate colors in all weather and lighting conditions.
The image-enhancement starts with hybrid aspherical lens elements and extra-low dispersion (ED) glass. The aspherical elements eliminate distortion around the edges of the lens for clear edge-to-edge views and corrects lens astigmatism that can prevent the ability to bring subjects into sharp focus. ED glass corrects for chromatic aberration to ensure colors are accurately rendered. Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics maximize light transmission through the entire optical path to make views appear bright and crisp, especially in low light. Finally, the BAK4 roof prisms are phase-corrected to enhance contrast and further correct chromatic aberration. These technologies work together to produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate colors and virtually no distortion.
Complementing the optical performance is a housing that is built for a lifetime of rugged outdoor use. The chassis is made of a lightweight and durable magnesium alloy with a rubberized armor that protects against impacts while providing a slip-resistant grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled for fogproof performance and O-ring sealed to make the binocular submersible to as much as 3.3'. An protective external lens coating helps to repel dust, water, and oil to ensure obstruction-free viewing. For longer glassing sessions, they are tripod mountable with an optional adapter.
- 43mm objective lenses
- BAK4 Roof prism optical path
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass reduces chromatic aberration for sharper images with accurate color
- Phase corrected prisms produce high-contrast images with true color rendition
- Hybrid aspherical lens elements correct for spherical aberrations to reduce distortion at the edges of the lens and corrects for astigmatism that can prevent sharp focusing
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration
- Large knurled center focus wheel
- Right-eye diopter adjustment
- Twist-up eyecups for use with or without eye wear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy housing
- Rubberized armoring protects against impacts and provides slip-resistant grip
- Nitrogen-filled, fogproof and submersible to 3.3' (1m)
- Internal focusing system helps to maintain waterproof seals
- Dust/water/grease repellent coatings keeps the optical surfaces clean
|Objective Lens Diameter||43 mm|
|Tripod Mount||Yes (Adapter Optional)|
|Weight||25.2 oz / 714.4 g|